Список форумов BenZion | Forum BenZion | Forum
BenZion.Ru | Гостевая | Каталог релизов

FAQFAQ   Правила форумаПравила   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияPM: Войти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

John Zorn - Masada: Live in Middelheim (1999)

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов BenZion | Forum -> Музыка в Ослосети (P2P, ed2k) -> Live Jazz
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
rat24
Местный раввин
Местный раввин

СообщениеДобавлено: 04 Ноября 2006 14:41    Заголовок сообщения: John Zorn - Masada: Live in Middelheim (1999)
Описание: eac.ape
Ответить с цитатой

Artist: John Zorn
Album: Masada: Live in Middelheim
Released: 1999
Source: TZADIK
Genre: jazz
Format: EAC

Review:
Цитата:
John Zorn has never been an unqualified or uncreative musician. At the same time, he is almost never as world-class as the sidemen he surrounds himself with.
This recording of Masada, one of Zorn's most straight-ahead blowing ensembles, is a good example. Their music is a mating of classic Ornette Coleman Quartet with the music of Palestine, Mesopotamia, the Balkans. They can easily, if you're careless about protection, peel the skin right off your butt. Zorn has plenty to do with that burn, but I think he's outclassed by his choice of cohorts: Dave Douglas, Joey Baron and Greg Cohen. Their performance in Middelheim isn't an exception. Zorn's ideas bear a very close resemblance to what he plays on the recordings; He sounds a little hemmed in by his own set of gimmicks.
I usually really dig those gimmicks, but they have less of an impact when stood up next to the stylings of Dave Douglas. I had no trouble predicting what would come careening out of Zorn's horn, but trying to anticipate trumpeter Douglas would be like trying to bite a fart bubble at the base of a waterfall. That goes for Baron, too. And from Greg Cohen on bass, I haven't heard a better groove since I first heard the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever.

I have no real beef with being able to predict what comes from John Zorn, because that ability is more than compensated for by my ineptitude at foretelling what kind of mind-imploding, beautiful dung-bombs will come from the others. That's what makes this album good; plenty of good ol' Zorn-isms and a few jiggers of something fresh.

Track List:
1 Nevuah 9:48
2 Sippur 3:20
3 Hath-Arob 5:20
4 Kedushah 6:53
5 Ne’eman 13:05
6 Karet 2:03
7 Kochot 4:57
8 Piram 12:13
9 Paran 6:00
10 Ashnah 7:19
11 Tahah 7:26

Log:

Код:
Code:
Masada / Live In Middleheim 1999

Used drive : SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B Adapter: 1 ID: 1
Read mode : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Combined read/write offset correction : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : Monkey's Audio Lossless Encoder v3.99 DLL
Normal Lossless Compression

Other options :
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
Filename C:\Documents and Settings\metro\Ambiente de trabalho\masada\Masada - Live In Middleheim 1999.ape

Peak level 98.8 %
Range quality 100.0 %
CRC 5A11F894
Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

Artist: John Zorn

RIPER: METRO

_________________BenZion.Ru_________________

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов BenZion | Forum -> Музыка в Ослосети (P2P, ed2k) -> Live Jazz Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: